Compared with the previous model UnisonResearch technical staff increased the number of output devices, the dimensions of the heatsinks (now placed inside the chassis for a nice looking) and the power handled by the power transformers. The internal layout has been completely revisited and improved with great care at the signal path, at the grounding layout, at the high current output connections.
Input connection is available both via XLR and RCA plugs, these are two really independent input and can be selected using a front panel push button. Selection is operated by a sealed micro relay placed near the connectors for the shorter signal path, tube preamplifier stage is nearby too.
An accurate project allowed the designers to place the power stage and dedicated power supply very close to the output binding post. This is an essential feature when you manage to run the device in mono mode delivering over 650W on 8 ohm without the problem that such a high current can cause on a poor designed circuit.
- Power output: 160W RMS continuous on 8ohm (stereo)
- 650W RMS continuous on 8ohm (mono)
- Frequency response: flat @ 10Hz ñ -0.1dB @ 100kHz
- Input stage: Pure class A Double tube stage (ECC82/12AU7)
- Output stage: Dynamic class A, Triple POWER MOSFET complementary pair
- Input connectors: 1 unbalanced, 1 balanced
- Output connectors: 4 + 4 per bi-wiring
- Power consumption: 900W max
- Dimensions: 17in x 7in x 17.3in
- Net weight: 55lbs
- Click here for the Absolute Sound Review