- Premier monaural amplifier
- Circuitry designed by legendary John Curl and CTC Builder
- Ultra-high bias Class A/AB operation
- Exclusive two position bias level adjustment
- Balanced inputs with discrete circuits and XLR connectors
- Vampire Direct gold-plated OFC RCA input
- Dual heavy-duty 24k gold-plated 5-way speaker binding posts
- Direct Coupled – no capacitors or inductors in signal path
- Complementary MOSFET driver stage and JFET input stage
- 18 beta-matched 15 amp, 60 MHz bipolar output transistors
- 1.9 kVA encapsulated toroid power transformer
- Independent power supplies for input, driver and output stages
- 18,000 µF filters for driver stage
- 132,000 µF Nichicon Gold Tune filters for output stage
- DC Servo and relay protection circuits
- REL and Nichicon Muse capacitors
- Harris hyper-fast soft recovery diodes for all bridge rectifiers
- Auto turn-on by 12v trigger or audio signal trigger
- Ground lift switch , adjustable turn-on delay
- 4u Chassis with rear carry handles, rack mounting kit included
- Premium detachable AWG 12 power cord with silver solder
- THX Ultra2 certified
Continuous power output, 20Hz – 20 kHz:
400 watts RMS x 1, 8 ?
800 watts RMS x 1, 4 ?
1200 watts RMS x 1, 2 ?
Class A power output, 20Hz – 20 kHz:
25 watts, bias set to high, 8 ?
10 watts, bias set to low, 8 ?
135 amperes peak
2 Hz – 120 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt
Total harmonic distortion:
< 0.15 % at full power
IM distortion: balanced 16 V rms
< 0.03 %
> 130 V/µsecond
> 1.8 dB
1 V for 28.28 V, THX Reference Level
100 k ?
>120 dB, IHF A-weighted, bias set to high
>122 dB, IHF A-weighted, bias set to low
> 1200 at 20 Hz
Power Requirement :
250 watts idle 1280 watts full power into 4 ?
DC trigger output capacity :
+12 Vdc, 150 mA
17-1/4″ w x 7-5/8″ h x 20 ” d, 7 ” h without feet
Net weight: 64 lb.