Looks may not be everything, but we’ve come to associate the distinctive porthole display on the front panel of Marantz receivers with outstanding quality. The SR5010 combines top-notch audio and video performance with convenient wireless connectivity in a sturdy, attractive package that makes a commanding centerpiece in any home theater. It’s loaded with up-to-the-minute features and backed by expert engineering to ensure you get the very most out of any entertainment source you have connected. This receiver’s powerful amplification — rated at 100 watts per channel in stereo mode — can fill any room with heart-pounding surround sound or clean, detailed music.
Ready for 4K
Every HDMI connection on the SR5010 is HDCP 2.2 compliant, so you’ll be able to take full advantage of current and future Ultra HD content with a compatible 4K TV. You’ll enjoy remarkable clarity and definition from 4K Blu-ray discs (a format we’re excited to see later this year), online video streaming and subscription-based services, and even home movies taken with a 4K-capable camera. You don’t have to wait for more content to be released before you can enjoy ultra-high-definition picture quality — the SR5010 can upscale lower-resolution signals to 4K, so all your video sources, including older DVDs and Blu-rays, will sparkle with new life.
Take your home theater above and beyond with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X™
A technology that just made its debut in home theater receivers last year, Dolby Atmos creates the most lifelike, captivating surround sound of any audio format we’ve heard to date. If you’re watching a plane take off onscreen, your ears will follow it down the runway along with your eyes, and as it roars directly overhead you might swear your hair is blowing back. The SR5010 supports a 5.1.2 Atmos setup. If you’re ready to explore this new dimension in home theater sound, you’ll just need to add a pair of in-ceiling speakers to your five-channel system, or pick up a pair of Atmos enabled upward-firing speakers to project sound off your ceiling and create the height effects that make an Atmos system so riveting.
Marantz will release a firmware update in the fall of 2015 that will give this receiver DTS:X surround sound, an upcoming format which will use object-based processing similar to Dolby Atmos and overhead speakers for immersive home theater.
Add music to a second room and connect a second TV
If you’re happy with 5.2-channel surround sound in your living room, the SR5010’s surround back channels need not go to waste. Reassign them to power a set of speakers in a second area, so you can relax and enjoy music out on the patio while someone else watches a movie in the main zone. The receiver’s surround back channels can also be used as height channels in a Dolby Atmos setup, or to bi-amp your front speakers for more powerful sound.
A second HDMI output lets you watch the same video source in your main zone and a second room. Start a movie in your living room and finish it in your bedroom or kitchen. Or watch the same content on a TV and projector in the same room.
Wireless connectivity gives you near-infinite listening options
With Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Apple AirPlay all built-in, you’re not likely to find yourself at a loss for great music at a moment’s notice. You’ll have quick access to your own digital music library and thousands of Internet radio stations from around the world. There’s also support for subscription-based services like Spotify®, Pandora®, and SiriusXM Internet radio, so you can listen to all of your on-the-go favorites through your home theater speakers.
Captivating sound quality
Marantz engineers developed the low-noise HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found in the SR5010 in response to the limited musical fidelity they observed in conventional amps. This system uses specialized parts and metal shielding to eliminate noise. HDAMs make music come alive with open, natural sound, the way it was meant to be heard. This technology makes an especially good match with the high-resolution audio formats supported by the SR5010, serving up sumptuously detailed music. The receiver’s compressed audio enhancer also revitalizes lower-resolution audio formats, so you can get the most out of any music source you select.
Simplified setup and operation
You won’t need to spend hours poring over the owner’s manual to set up the SR5010, thanks to Marantz’s Setup Assistant. Just plug in the receiver, connect it to your TV with an HDMI cable, and follow the on-screen instructions to get your system connected in no time. Then plug the included setup microphone into the SR5010’s front panel, and the Audyssey MultEQ calibration system measures your speakers and the room’s acoustics to give you optimal sound. Smart Select buttons on the receiver and remote allow for easy source switching, and the receiver remembers sound settings for each input. The Marantz AVR Remote App for iOS® and Android™ lets you use your mobile device as a Wi-Fi remote for easy, intuitive home theater control.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding, including Dolby Atmos
- next-generation DTS:X surround sound available via a future firmware update
- video upconversion (up to 1080p and 4K) for analog and HDMI sources
- Audyssey “Silver” speaker calibration and system optimization includes:
- Audyssey Laboratories’ MultEQ® XT six-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
Digital Music Options:
- built-in Wi-Fi for listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio, and music services
- includes support for Pandora, SiriusXM Internet radio, and free Internet radio streams with vTuner (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify’s streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch® or computer running iTunes®
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets, and compatible computers
- front-panel USB input for connecting an iPod®, iPhone, or thumb drive
- direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses the device’s digital-to-analog converter for better sound
- plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 2.8 MHz .dsf files)
- DLNA certified for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- M-DAX™ (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander) for better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- dual-room/dual-source output
- power amp assign function lets you use the surround back speaker outputs for a second room while enjoying 5.2-channel sound in the main room
- line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room (additional receiver, amplifier, or powered speakers required)
- optical/coaxial digital and HDMI audio sources cannot be output to Zone 2
Audio Performance Features:
- Marantz’s Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) offers improved dynamic range and detail while reducing noise
- current feedback circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- Pure Direct mode turns off unused circuitry for cleaner audio signals
- bi-amp capability with compatible front speakers by reassigning “surround back” channels
- HDMI 2.0 audio/video switching: 8 in (includes 1 front-panel input), 2 out
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (all HDMI inputs and outputs)
- component video switching: 2 in, 1 out
- composite video switching: 3 in, 1 out (includes front-panel input)
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical and 2 coaxial
- 5 analog stereo audio inputs
- 7.2-channel preamp outputs include outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- no phono input — to connect a turntable you’ll need to add a phono preamp
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB memory devices and an iPod or iPhone
- outputs for 7 speakers (Front L/R, Center, Surround L/R, Surround Back L/R)
- Surround Back speakers can be reassigned for Zone 2, Front Height, Front B, or bi-amping compatible front speakers
- Ethernet port for wired network connection
- RS-232C, remote (IR), and 12 volt-trigger connections for use with external controllers
- 1/4″ headphone output
- detachable power cord
- 4K/60p and 3D video pass-through
- free Marantz remote app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi® remote
- Setup Assistant guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- intuitive, full-color on-screen guide
- Video Select lets you listen to music while watching video from a different source
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- AM/FM tuner
- remote control
- 17-5/16″W x 6-5/16″H x 14-7/16″D