Originally purchased from us, this superb Pre-Amp is in excellent condition and comes with all original packaging.
Currently high-end AV Receivers/Pre-Amps are in very short supply due to the Covid situation, making this unit excellent value as it is less than half it’s original price.
Integra DHC-80.6 11.2 Surround Sound Processor
- Includes Dolby Atmos and Dolby Surround processing to create an immersive 3D surround experience.
- The Audyssey room correction suite has been replaced with a much simpler AccuEQ room correction which only measures the primary listening position.
- Audyssey DSX processing, Audyssey Dynamic Volume and Dolby Volume are no longer included.
- Build quality has changed to the more typical AVR LSI implementation.
- Phono stage no longer supports moving coil cartridges.
- Excellent free iOS Remote Control application
- Support for HDCP 2.2 is included on HDMI input 3 and Main Out for future compatibility with copy-protected 4K content. Video passthrough at 4K 60Hz is supported but only in 4:2:0 color space.
Dolby Atmos demonstrations and products were all the rage at CEDIA 2014 this past September. The new audio format promised a more immersive listening experience and the object-based Dolby Atmos surround technology offered movie makers and sound designers much more creative freedom. The opportunity for the industry is huge since Dolby Atmos requires an updated A/V receiver or processor and additional speakers to create the height channels used for the Dolby Atmos format. This means additional revenue opportunities for the manufacturers and for the custom installer market, and of course licensing opportunities for Dolby. I wondered how Dolby Atmos would sound in my own home theater and I was especially curious if adding additional speakers to my home theater would be worth it. I was thrilled when Integra offered to send me their latest flagship processor, the DHC-80.6 preamp/processor for review. Let’s take a closer look at the features of the DHC-80.6 and see how well Integra’s latest processor offering delivers on Dolby Atmos and the 3D surround experience.
INTEGRA PROCESSOR REVIEW SPECIFICATIONS
DESIGN: 11.2 channel Preamp / Processor
DACS: Texas Instruments PCM1795 32-Bit/192kHz
ADC: Texas Instruments PCM9211
DSP: Two 32-bit processors (Texas Instruments TMS 320 Aureus family)
DOLBY® AND DTS® SURROUND SOUND PROCESSING, including Dolby Atmos and Dolby Surround
THX ULTRA2 Plus Certified
VIDEO UPCONVERSION (1080P AND 4K) for Analog and HDMI Sources
HDMI 2.0 AUDIO/VIDEO SWITCHING: 8 In (includes 1 front-panel input), 3 Out plus 1 HDBaseT
COMPONENT VIDEO SWITCHING: 2 In, 1 Out
COMPOSITE VIDEO SWITCHING: 4 in, 2 out (includes front-panel input)
DIGITAL AUDIO INPUTS: 3 Optical (includes 1 front-panel input) and 3 Coaxial
ANALOG STEREO AUDIO INPUTS: 8 RCA, 1 XLR
11.4 CHANNEL PRE-OUTS (RCA AND XLR), including 4 for Subwoofers
FRONT-PANEL USB PORT FOR Audio Playback from USB storage devices
ETHERNET PORT FOR Wired Network Connection
RS-232C, REMOTE IR (2 IN, 1 OUT), AND12 Volt-triggers (3 out)
Headphone Output 2ND ZONE (STEREO AUDIO, HDMI, COMPOSITE),
3rd Zone (Stereo Audio, Composite)
3D Video Pass-through
WI-FI REMOTEAPP FOR Apple or Android Devices
DIMENSIONS: 7-13/16″ H x 17-1/8″ W x 17-1/2″ D
WEIGHT: 29.8 Pounds